Wednesday 9 March 2011

Mood Board


I typed into google darkness and just see what comes up, i found that i just got the obvious connotations of darkness things that seemed to come up where as expected, horror, depression and death.

When doing my mind map for darkness i came up with monsters/fears/shadows/ ghosts/bats/nightmares/ films/ horror/ solar system/ night/ stars/ rockets/gathering of clouds/gothica/death/The Gashlycrumb tinies (Edward Gorey)

I chose to do fears as its something that has effected me since i was younger. I always had a fear of the dark/ something lurking under my bed. I thought i would ask some people what there fears where rather then just
focusing on my own fears.

These are some of the answers i got back, clowns/scared of being alone/ flying ants/ bugs in clothing/grubs in your skull/ tape worms/ spiders/Boy George and Jack the Ripper/ shadows/ Boogey man.



I decided to do an evil clown face i felt it was something that a lot of people are scared of. I decided to use the quote 'you can scream but no one will hear you' which i used in a horror font.


I then decided to make up another mood board of printed lamps, some which had a horror theme to them and other that where just printed to see what sort of patterns they would project.







When doing our group critiques, someone suggested that i should look into pumpkin design, as at the time i was considering using the laser cutter to create my final piece. So i looked researched into Halloween pumpkins, which work just as a lamp would.

No comments:

Post a Comment